Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pure Joy!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.    James 1:2-4

This was my Bible reading yesterday - along with a devotion from Oswald Chambers that was titled "Developing the Habit of Enjoying Adversity."  Do you think God is trying to tell me something?  As I pondered these verses in my bed, chair, and other chair - the 3 places that I spend my entire day recently, I realized that although I've moved past self pity, I am not anywhere near considering this trial "pure joy."  So I prayed for help to see the joy in the situation.   And this is what showed up at my door today - with my lovely neighbor, Jane - pure joy:





And then I thought about Mother's Day when this showed up at my bedside!!





Pure Joy again! 

There is so much care and kindness delivered to our door each day - and when considering (obsessing over) what I've lost in mobility, I've failed to remember the blessings around me.  God is teaching me dependence on others - something I've never thought I needed - but am beginning to appreciate.  I HAVE depended on others, and just have conveniently forgotten or overlooked their contributions in light of my own capabilities.  Nebuchadnezzar comes to mind - as he strolled about his rooftop and pronounced the enormity of his own achievements.  At least I wasn't sent out to the fields. :) (Although my hair is getting kind of long....)

My new girls love me - but are surviving without my constant presence.  My homeboys and girls have learned life skills and surprised me with their own competence in running a household.  My husband is compassionate and only rarely annoyed with my constant demands. :)  

Amazing how quickly God answers - and through something as simple as a cake.  Thank you to my  friends who act with the hands and heart of Jesus, and thank you family for your constant selfless care.  

Love, Kim

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pal,it doesn't get any better than CHOCOLATE Icing on a cake brought by a dear friend:)
    keep listening, and sharing-I am loving your ponderings and musings-
    hugs

    ReplyDelete