Friday, November 11, 2011

Living History



No smart remarks that I'M the living history...  We went on a field trip and I got to try out my new long johns that I bought for Northern China today!  We spent the very cold day at a plantation listening to Civil War History and the stories of re-enactors.  Annie brought Caleb and the kids had a great time collecting pecans that had fallen from all the trees.

The girls loved the dresses the ladies wore!


They hung out with General Longstreet (who was homeschooled and went to West Point)


And saw how they cooked a long time ago (before Kitchen Aids and Cuisinarts)


I am VERY thankful for central heat, electric ovens, and my dishwasher today!!  Happy Veteran's Day! 

Blessings, Kim

4 comments:

  1. What a perfect outing for Veteran's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun day and I am glad we got to "hang" for a while!! The one thing I have to say though is, it is PEEECAN - not PECAAAN!!! Hehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat part of China will you be going to for your daughters? We just returned from Heilongjiang province at the end of June with our 4 year old daughter.

    ReplyDelete