Friday, December 16, 2011

Lost Paperwork and Thankfulness


You haven't heard a big "TA announcement" because apparently some of our paperwork was misplaced and just found.  So our TA wait begins again.  My only consolation is that both of our daughters are in wonderful foster homes and so it causes them no hardship. 

We found our daughter last January, so it's hard to go over a year on our adoption - I'm trying not to think about it.  And I also know that God has perfect timing, higher ways than my ways, and knows what's best for both our little ones and our travel!  All the same, it’s disappointing – as the end of the wait is just so hard.

So to cheer myself up, here are some thankful notes:


·      I get to spend Christmas with my children, hubby, and  almost my entire family. (we’ll miss you, Kerri)


·      God has provided every cent we’ve needed - as we’ve needed it - for our second adoption – despite the tremendously rising costs!


·      dd will now be able to come with me and she’s a “master game player!”


·      I have met wonderful friends on this journey that I never knew lived in our small town.


·      I’ve watched God move in miraculous ways in the hearts of both adults and children in our small town – nearly 10 kiddos coming home to our area in the last few months!


·      Angie has blazed the trail for me in Wuhan, and given me more insight into my daughter Jenny than I could have ever hoped for. 


·      Both my daughters have loving foster mama’s.


·      I have a loving  Father in heaven that knows the number of hairs on my head, and He comforts me through the body of Christ when I get discouraged.


 And here's an adoption paraphrasing of Habakkuk 3:17-19:

Though the fig tree does not bud (I can’t make travel plans)
  
 and there are no grapes on the vines,  (the bank acct runs low)
though the olive crop fails  (paperwork lost)
  
 and the fields produce no food,  (the TA doesn’t come)
though there are no sheep in the pen 
   and no cattle in the stalls,  (no dates on the books)
18
yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
   I will be joyful in God my Savior.  

(because we have been blessed beyond measure with the gift of Jesus  2,000 years ago - the Light of the World - and so much more!)

 Habakkuk 3:17-19 


Blessings, Kim










7 comments:

  1. You do have the right attitude, even when it's HARD, but keep your focus on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, and pray they push your TA thru faster :)
    Lots of hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I understand!! Our paperwork was lost (and never found!) by the NVC. Thankfully, they had scanned it and ended up reproducing it. I had to get my Senator involved and it was just sooooo stressful. Hang in there. Your beautiful daughter will be home before you know it. :)

    Nikki
    www.frombluebonnetstoalittlelotusflower.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies. I guess it could be worse, Nikki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful attitude Kim...even though I know it's HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, my heart breaks for you!! I was just about to contact you and ask what was going on. I'm so sorry but what a beautiful attitude you continue to possess. May God grant you and your family comfort during the wait! Hugs -sharee-

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are blessed children to have found your family! Can't wait to meet them!!! In the meantime, Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete