Friday, March 1, 2013

One year writing sample

A friend called yesterday - asking about ideas to get newly home kiddos going on learning English, etc.  One of the best things we've done is a daily composition class where I can assess English problems, word misunderstandings, and even family issues by what they write.  When they first arrived, (after a month or two) we started with 2- 3 sentences.  The compositions looked like this:


Jenny has been home one year this month, and so I grabbed her daily journal to give an example of how much she's improved to my friend.  The writing prompt was on "something you treasure," and this is what I found:


It's worth enlarging the picture to see why adoption is more a blessing to the parents than to the adopted child.  It just made my day.  :)



Blessings, Kim
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

2 comments: